Saturday, November 17, 2012

BLOG #20

1.  What are the strengths your writing for the introduction?  What do you need to work on? 

I think my introduction does a good job setting up what my research is about but I think it needs more detail.

What are the strengths of your writing for the review of the literature?  What do you need to work on?

My literature review summarizes what I thought the two research proposals stated but I am still worried that I didn't understand it completely.
2. What is the research problem identified in your introduction?  How do you point out what your research project will contribute toward resolving this "problem"?  In other words, what have you written about  the importance of your project for writing studies?

My research problem is:There are studies that show that melody and tune have no contribution towards memorization. In my research I will explore how melody is associated with how language phrases affect memorization.

I used the literature review to show that my my research problem has been discussed by other researchers but I don't have anything in it that sets up how I am going to "resolve the problem."
3. What have other researchers found out about your topic that is relevant to your research project?

I believe that both research found that that melody and tune has no contribution towards long-term memory.

4.  How do you connect findings from question 3 to the purpose of your project?

It backs up my idea that there are other motivations to why people memorize songs.
5.  What is your plan for finishing/revising your introduction and literature review?

I need to add more detail to the introduction and the literature review, state why it is important, and expand on how I am going to expand on the problem.

6.  What feedback do you want from me?


Some advice on how to add detail to the introduction and literature review without being too repetitive and if the information in the literature review is completely accurate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment