Monday, December 3, 2012

BLOG #23


Here are the different categories of answers that I found:

- ASSUMPTIONS:


But what kind of songs did you know? Like the upbeat ones you hear on the radio?
Yeah, like the ones that everybody knows

What happens if the song is really popular and your with your friends and they don’t know the words to the song?


Does that happen?

No, ususally everyone knows the words to the song






- FEELING MUSIC GIVES:



What is your favorite kind of music?

Rap

Rap? Is that there a reason why that’s your favorite kind of music?
Because my brother got me into and uh we both like listening to it and its really fast and  all like boyish cause I like being boyish.

Because its an upbeat kind of song and I like to listen to music before soccer games cause like im in the car and my dad usually brings me to soccer and h
E listen to normal songs and they are slow and then I hum the songs in the game and it isn’t good when I have the bad songs in my head, like the slow songs. I like the fast songs, cause they are like tought

So they make you feel tought?
Yeah





- STEREOTYPES/BEING COOL/ WHAT EVERYONE EXPECTS:


So your friends kind of like the same music as you? But why don’t you think they like some? Can you think of a song they don’t ike that you do?
Um I like one one direction siong and some people are like how do you like that, you listen tor ap how do you like that?

Um why do you think people that don’t like it don’t like it?
Cause I usually hang out with people who do sports, like the tougher people, and the girls I hang out with don’t think its like cool to like that kind of song cause you are supposed to be all tough

Imagine if someone came into class singing call me maybe and one person didn’t know the words? What would you think?
And we are like “do you not know what that song is?” it is weird

Do you think its harder to remember that because its not your style?
Well,like I just did a play and I kind of wanted to cause everyone had to and I wanted to learn quick and first and I wouldn’t want to if no one else did but since everyone was I mine as well do it to.

Do you think you wanted to because it was important to be that part?
Yeah, it was my responsilibty

If it were school and you had to memorize it would you?
Yeah but I rather listen to thinkgs on the radio. If you listen to gody music outside of music class you are considered a “los-a status”



- SOCIAL:


Do you ever sing a song at social acitivity?
Yeah

Is it fun?
Yeah

Why do you think its fun?
Because its something we can boith relate to and we can make up dances and sing it its something to do

So if she didn’t know the words it would nt be fun?
Yeah because then we have to do a different song?

Do yo remember that girl you told me new all the rap parts? Did you thik that was cool?
Yeah and then I didn’t know it so I had to go and learn it

Can you tell me why some people might not like a polular song?
Well, like the one direvtiont hing people think they have to be tough if they are on sports. And a kid on my soccer team says “mercy” is stupid because they sing in weird high bvoices but it makes it different. Hes a hater though.

Do you like to sing song to your friends they don’t know?
Yeah

What do you think they think about that?
Like maybe they would want to learn that song. If my friend lauren didn’t know a song, she would say “oh im gunna get that song when I get home” and we tell eachother that. The next time we would always listen ot it and we will both know it to sing it.

Why do you think its easy to memorize songs?
From listening to so many times.


So its really social?
Yeah you are always talking about. Even in school you are mouthing the words. Cause this kid, cause we have a cool group in the shoool.

Are you in the cool group?
Yeah its me and 3 othe rpeople

Wow, that’s limited!
So I was like mouthing the first part of the song and then he finished it but then lauren didn’t know the words so she had to go home and remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment